Performing Arts

This year in Performing Arts, we have a focus of communication, creativity and expression. These focus areas are explored differently across the year levels, with activities such as:

• School News Program – a ‘whole school’ edited news program which is screened at weekly assembly on Monday
  • Class Plays – a range of topics and genres are explored, filmed and edited for constructive commentary the following week
  • State School Spectacular – a group of students rehearse weekly for our final performance at Hisense Arena
  • Video Editing – students produce video clips to original or existing songs

We provide the opportunity for students to be creative, and our plays and skits are always ‘child-driven’, with students making decisions about storyline, characters, costume and editing.

Yuille Park is a technology rich school and we are lucky enough to have an interactive whiteboard in the Performing Arts room, on which we display our class-made videos, rehearse dancing for State School Spectacular and play Wii dancing games.

We value inclusion, and are proud of what we can produce together.

One thought on “Performing Arts

1. I love your work on our weekly news, Jane…I’m not just saying that because I get to perform in so many of the skits either.